To stay up to date on volunteer opportunities, sign up for our newsletter at Court Square Theater or the Smith House and check yes in the "interested in volunteering?" box, or email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list of potential volunteers. An email is sent out as needed, listing all upcoming volunteer opportunities, including dates/times, number of volunteers needed, details about the event, etc.
- We usually seek volunteers for larger events such as musical events, live theater, stand-up comedy, etc.—we do not require volunteers for typical film screenings.
- Typical volunteer duties include: distributing will call tickets, tearing tickets at the door, maintaining theater capacity (260) with hand-counters, escorting patrons to their seats, etc.
- Volunteers gain free admission to the event for which they volunteer, typically miss very little (5-10 mins) to none of the show, and are given a free snack from the concessions counter.
- All volunteers should show up 30 minutes prior to doors opening.
- Volunteer slots are given on a first come, first served basis.
- If there is a specific event for which you would like to volunteer, feel free to email a request. If it is an event for which we need a volunteer(s), we will sign you up.
- When you volunteer for a show, your duties will usually include greeting guests at the door, checking tickets, and generally assisting guests through the theater. Occasionally there will be similar work during intermission and light clean-up afterwards.