SMITH HOUSE GALLERIES
In 2005, in an effort to save a historic home known as “The Smith House” (ca. 1867) from demolition, the Daily News-Record gifted the house to the Arts Council of the Valley. Arts Council Board members and community leaders pulled off an ambitious capital campaign to move the house from Liberty Street to Main Street and renovate its interior, becoming the official home to the Arts Council and its Court Square Theater staff in 2006. With the support of the Strickler Family and local business owner James McHone, the Arts Council was able to make final renovations to the Smith House, resulting in the Rhapsody Room and the Darrin-McHone Gallery—together forming The Smith House Galleries. The Smith House Galleries allow the organization to display monthly exhibitions focused on local artists.
STAY CONNECTED ON FACEBOOK!