Join Our Team
Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) is proud to offer an internship program that provides hands-on, rich educational experiences for students by promoting arts engagement in a professional gallery.
Volunteering with Court Square Theater is a great way to support the arts in your community. Every volunteer sees the show FOR FREE! As long as you’re booked, we’ll save a seat for you. You’re also provided with one drink (non-alcoholic) and one snack of your choice. For more details about volunteering, click the button below.
1099 Contract Position
The Arts Council of the Valley, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, seeks a part-time bookkeeper and accountant to assist with its financial operation. Position generally requires 6-12 hours per week, depending on Arts Council workload. Flexible schedule, with work-from-home hours possible. Creative, fun, fast-paced office environment.
Starting rate: $16-$18 per hour. Anticipated start date: Aug. 12, 2019.
● Accounting and month-end close
● General Ledger reporting and reconciling
● Financial statement reporting
● Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
● Tax reporting
● New-Hire processing
● Financial analysis
● Cash Flow reporting
● Provide organization’s financial information for annual audit
● File, organize, invoice, mail financial paperwork
● 2 years bookkeeping experience
● Microsoft Excel proficiency
● Quickbooks Online proficiency
● Working knowledge of nonprofit financial structure and tax filing
● Demonstrated ability to meet all deadlines for financial materials
● MUST be trustworthy, reliable, personable
● Must be able to work independently
● Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Administration
● Previous finance/accounting/administrative experience in a professional atmosphere
Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Jenny Burden, Executive Director at email@example.com (email applications preferred) OR
Arts Council of the Valley
311 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Cultivating the arts; connecting communities in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Court Square Theater is dedicated to enriching the cultural life in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. We offer diverse programming (including theatrical performance, special events, live music, films, facility rentals), reaching some 35,000 patrons annually.
Arts Council of the Valley is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The Arts Council of the Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.