The nonprofit Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) seeks an Administrative Assistant to aid with day-to-day operations in its administrative offices. Primary responsibilities include bill and donation processing, data entry, and website maintenance. This is a part-time position with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
· Complete paperwork for incoming bills, mail outgoing payments and invoices
· Record incoming donations in electronic donor database, prepare and mail donor thank-you letters
· Collect and update donor, artist, and theatergoer contact information in Constant Contact and DonorSnap
· Distribute membership renewal reminders
· Coordinate the printing and pick-up of marketing materials
· Perform basic website maintenance and initiate the creation of an ACV-hosted online calendar
· Process theater and event ticket sales using electronic ticketing agent
· Submit ACV events to online community calendars
· Direct phone calls
· Prepare gallery space for upcoming exhibitions
· Complete out-of-office assignments, including but not limited to poster distribution, supply pick ups, and general office errands
· Assist Executive Director with other duties as assigned
· High school diploma; relevant college experience preferred
· Must have vehicle and valid driver’s license
· Comfortable with phone and email communication
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Word and Excel
· Experience with Squarespace, Vendini, Constant Contact, and/or Donorsnap
· Proficient with social media platforms, particularly Facebook
· Experience with Adobe Suite
Hours & Compensation
· 15-20 hours per week
· $10-$12 per hour
· Scheduling flexible; some nights and weekends may be required
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to Jenny@valleyarts.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Be prepared to provide references.
About Arts Council of the Valley
Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) was founded in 2000 by a group of local citizens who dreamt of bolstering the Arts within the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Since its establishment, ACV has grown into a multi-faceted community nonprofit that fosters innovative partnerships amongst area businesses, civic organizations, schools, and artists. Today, ACV manages both Court Square Theater and the Smith House Galleries, funds local artists and art educators through its Advancing the Arts grants, and coordinates First Fridays Downtown.
Arts Council of the Valley is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse staff. Arts Council of the Valley is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.