December 7 2017 Arts Council of the Valley Announces Smith House Galleries 2018 Exhibition Schedule hrchamber.org
HARRISONBURG, Va. (December, 07, 2017) – Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) has dedicated
itself to providing memorable arts experiences in its Smith House Galleries. Exhibition
submissions are accepted year-round and are reviewed in late fall by board members on ACV’s Exhibitions Committee.
The Council is pleased to announce its full slate for the upcoming 2018 season:
• February – Photography from the Collection of Frank and Janet Marshman
• March – artVISION: Rockingham County Youth Art Month Show, sponsored by
Rockingham County Public Schools
• April – Kappa Pi Juried Art Show
• May – Wonder Kitten
• June – Watercolors: Jude Dayton and Peg Sheridan
• July – Elise Trissel: Suspending the Ink & Stars
• August – Rocktown Camera Club
• September – Companion Paintings by Eight JMU Fine Arts Graduates
• October – John Ros and Rob Mertens: Installation
• November – ACV’s 3rd Annual Artist Member Exhibition
• December – ACV’s Small Works Invitational
With works ranging from installation to watercolor to photography, the exhibitions are a unique visual blend. “We are so excited for the variety of works we are showcasing,” raves ACV Executive Director Jenny Burden of the forthcoming season. The 2018 season also balances emerging and established artists, a goal Burden notes the Council has committed itself to more fully in recent years.
ACV is currently seeking sponsors and musicians to support each exhibition’s opening reception on First Fridays Downtown. Related inquires may be directed to Cate Bruns at
About Arts Council of the Valley
Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) was founded in 2000 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to promoting and providing memorable Arts experiences in the city of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Since its establishment, ACV has grown into a multi-faceted community organization that fosters innovative partnerships amongst area businesses, civic organizations, schools, and artists. Today, ACV manages the
Court Square Theater and Smith House Galleries, supports childhood learning by way of the Any Given Child Harrisonburg initiative, funds local art projects through its Advancing the Arts grant program, and coordinates monthly First Fridays Downtown community gatherings. To learn more, visit http://www.valleyarts.org/.
Cate@valleyarts.org or Valleyarts.org, 540.801.8779