Court Square Theater: House Manager - Part Time
Part Time – House Manager 30 - 35 Hours a week
The Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) seeks an energetic and creative House Manager for Court Square Theater three to four days/week. The House Manger reports directly to the Theater Manager. The House Manager will supervise regular part-time concessions staff and volunteers during events.
About ACV and its Court Square Theater:
OUR MISSION: The Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) promotes the arts as fundamental to a vibrant community, providing memorable arts experiences for the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
Court Square Theater (CST) is dedicated to enriching the cultural life in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. We offer a diverse range of programming that includes theatrical performances, special events, live music, films and facility rental opportunities. CST programming reaches approximately 35,000 patrons annually.
The ideal candidate will have some experience either working in a movie theater, music venue, or a background in theatrical production. Applicants MUST have strong customer service skills. Applicants must be over 21 years of age, and be able to comply with all state ABC laws.
1. Daily Movies: The House Manager will be responsible for running the projector, box office and concessions for daily movie show times. This includes updating signage and building films.
2. Events: The House Manager will be the point person for day of show contact, for concerts, rentals and theatrical productions. This includes coordinating load in times between the artist, technical staff, and the Theater Manager as well as helping renters with technical questions.
3. Customer Service: As House Manager you will be the face of the theater on a daily basis. You must have strong customer service skills, and the ability to think on your feet.
4. Cash Register: The House Manager is responsible for balancing the concessions' register and box office register at the end of each event. Experience with a POS system is a plus. You will also be required to make daily reports on tickets totals.
Additional, Desired Qualifications:
· Able to work nights and weekends.
· Acts as a team player extending respect and consideration to co-workers and patrons.
· Familiarity with the Microsoft suite of programs.
· Strong presentation and writing skills.
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods of time.
. Experience working in a box office.
Arts Council Offers:
· Part Time Hourly 30 -35 hours a week
· Pay $10 - $13 depending on experience
. Holiday and overtime pay
. Free tickets to movies and events
To apply submit cover letter, resume and completed application to the address below or by email.
Arts Council of the Valley
ATTN: Mark Finks, Theater Manager
311 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
email@example.com (If emailing please submit in MS Word or PDF.)
Applications will be accepted between June 6, 2017 and June 19, 2017. Arts Council staff will contact candidates that are selected for interviews. Please resubmit an application if you have applied in the past.
The Arts Council of the Valley is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The Arts Council of the Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.