Court Square Theater: concessionist - intermittent HOurs
Part Time – Concessionist: 10 - 40 hours a month
The Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) seeks an energetic Concessionist for Court Square Theater for three to eight days a month. The Concessionist will sell concessions items for all major concerts and productions at Court Square Theater. With the possibility of filling in as a projectionist occasionally.
About ACV and its Court Square Theater:
OUR MISSION: The Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) promotes the arts as fundamental to a vibrant community, providing memorable arts experiences for the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
Court Square Theater (CST) is dedicated to enriching the cultural life in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. We offer a diverse range of programming that includes theatrical performances, special events, live music, films and facility rental opportunities. CST programming reaches approximately 35,000 patrons annually.
The ideal candidate will have some experience either working in a movie theater, music venue, or a background in retail or food service. Applicants MUST have good customer service skills. Applicants must be over 21 years of age, and be able to comply with all state ABC laws.
1. Opening: Stocking and cleaning the concessions area before the doors are open to the public
2. Customer Service: We expect all Connectionists to be familiar with the products that we sell, and being able to interact with customers about their purchases.
3. Cash Register: The Concessionist is responsible for balancing the concessions' register at the end of each event. Experience with a POS system is a plus. You will also be required to make a register report at the end of each event.
4. Closing: You will be expected to clean the concessions area, including the popcorn machine and floor each night. You may occasionally be asked to help the House Manager to clean the theater or stage area.
Additional, Desired Qualifications:
· Able to work nights and weekends.
. Able to work a flexable schedule.
· Acts as a team player extending respect and consideration to co-workers and patrons.
· Familiarity with the Square POS or a comparable POS system
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods of time.
Arts Council Offers:
· Part Time Hourly 15 - 40 hours a month
· Pay $8 - $9 an hour, plus tips
. Holiday and overtime pay
. Free tickets to movies and events
To apply submit a completed application to the address below or by email.
Arts Council of the Valley
ATTN: Mark Finks, Theater Manager
311 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
firstname.lastname@example.org (If emailing please submit in MS Word or PDF.)
Applications will be accepted between August 1st 2017 and August 9th, 2017. Arts Council staff will contact candidates that are selected for interviews. Please resubmit an application if you have applied in the past.
The Arts Council of the Valley is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The Arts Council of the Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.