Advancing the Arts Grant Program
Over the past decade, Arts Council of the Valley (ACV) has awarded over $350,000 to support community-based initiatives in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County through its Advancing the Arts grant program. These funds are awarded to organizations, art educators, and artists working in the visual, performing, and literary arts.
Advancing the Arts grants are awarded in two categories, Arts for Education (AE) and Creative Inspiration (CI). AE grants are provided to educators and educational organizations, including public schools and colleges, for projects related to educational advancement. CI grants are aimed at reaching artists and art groups for personal or professional creative advancement.
Advancing the Arts grants are awarded in two cycles, fall and spring, and awardees may receive one grant per calendar year. Candidates may submit requests that range between $250-$1,000; ACV does not require matching project funds for grant submissions.
Questions? Contact Arts Council of the Valley at email@example.com
GRANT SUBMISSION TIMELINE
SPRING CYCLE 2018
- January 2018: Grant information released
- March 12: Grant applications due by 5:00 PM
- April 2: Grant recipients notified
- April 2 - September 30: Projects should occur
- October 1: Final Reports due by 5:00 PM
FALL CYCLE 2018
- July 2018: Grant information released
- October 8: Grant applications due by 5:00 PM
- November 1: Grant recipients notified
- November 1, 2018 - May 31, 2019: Projects should occur
- June 1, 2019: Final Reports due by 5:00 PM