Harrisonburg, VA’s Court Square Theater is proud to announce the third annual “24 Hour Project”. The 24 Hour Project is a unique fundraising event that will take place from 5:00 pm, January 22nd until 5:00 PM, January 23rd of 2015. Featuring music, drama, comedy, dance, poetry, workshops, and many other forms of performance art, the event is a celebration of community and collaboration through a non-stop, 24-hour run of performances by artists both local and broad.
How do I get involved?
1) Apply to Perform : Performers who are chosen will get a free ticket to the whole event. To apply, download the application and return to CST24HourProject@Gmail.com or to the Smith House (311 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801)
Deadline for Submissions is November 30th
2) Apply to Volunteer : Volunteers get a free ticket to the entire event. To sign up, download the form and return to CST24HourProject@Gmail.com or to the Smith House (311 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801)
3) Buy a Ticket : Tickets are $10 a piece and allow entry for the entire event. Tickets will be up for sale shortly.
4) Become a Sponsor : Pay $100 for a reserved “Sponsor Seat". We’ll save you a seat, even if we reach capacity. There is no limit on how many sponsor seats you can buy, so go nuts! Buy one for each member of your family or business! You will be personally thanked from the stage, in our program, and on our website. To become a sponsor, simply choose the “Sponsor” ticket option when purchasing tickets.
* Note: Because this event is a fundraiser for the theater, we can not offer pay as compensation for performing at The 24 Hour Project, but the donation of your time and talent will help Court Square Theater (a non-profit organization) continue to bring quality film, music, and live theater to the Valley.
Starts: Friday, January 22nd at 5:00 PM
Ends: Saturday, January 23rd at 5:00 PM.
Court Square Theater, located at 41-F Court Square in Harrisonburg, VA. We are in the same building as Capital Ale House and Downtown Wine & Gourmet, and next door to the Artful Dodger.
Because we’re celebrating live performance, community and collaborative creativity. Because we want to show the world what this theater and this town can do. Because we want to give Harrisonburg the opportunity to support its local theater and artists. Because we work well under pressure. And because it’s going to be fun!
How Does it Work?
For all of those who will not be performing, volunteering, or becoming a donor, the ticket system works this way: wristbands will be sold for $10. Don’t take it off! The wristband acts as your ticket to get into the theater. Come and go as you please, but it’s first come, first served for seats. So, if the theater hits capacity, you’ll have to wait until someone leaves. The programs will list all of the performances and times, so get there early for the shows you want to see!
The 24 Hour Project Competition
We will be giving away a prize to those who can stay for the entire 24 hours! Here are the rules for those participating:
- You can leave 3 times for 15 minutes during the 24 hour period.
- You must sign in and out when you leave.
- Sleeping bags and pillows are encouraged!!
* Note for Film Submissions:
The 24 Hour Project will feature a short film showcase (roughly an hour and a half). For consideration, all films must be 20 minutes or less in length. All genres of film are acceptable (short fiction, documentaries, music videos, art films, etc.). If you wish to submit a film, please fill out the general “Performance Application” above, and the programmers will then contact you to submit a designated “Film Application” form. Submission is free of charge, and there are no screening stipulations for submitted films … we simply prioritize the highest quality entries exhibiting the utmost artistic value.
* 24 Hour Project "Theater Lotto" Signup:
This year's 24 Hour project will feature a "Theater Lotto" event, where performers sign up to be placed into groups that will produce short (10-25 minute) plays. To sign up, please fill out the form below:
More questions? Shoot us an email at: CST24HourProject@Gmail.com or call the theater at: (540) 433-9189