The 24 Hour Project
Harrisonburg, VA’s Court Square Theater is proud to announce the second annual “24 Hour Project”. The 24 Hour Project is a unique fundraising event that will take place from 5:00 pm, January 23rd until 5:00 PM, January 24th of 2015. Featuring music, drama, comedy, dance, poetry, workshops, and many other forms of performance art, the event is a celebration of community and collaboration through a non-stop, 24-hour run of performances by artists both local and broad.
We have a pretty awesome prize for whoever attends the Festival for the longest!
***Update: The complete schedule of performers is POSTED! Give it a look below and purchase your tickets now!
We are pleased to announce that the following acts will be performing at this year’s 24 Hour Project:
– 5:00pm : Introduction from Mark Finks & Patrick Fitzgerald
– 5:15pm : Adam Blackburn (Music)
– 5:30pm : Nevin Lough Zehr Presents: “The Real Man & The Young One” (Minimalist Theater)
– 6:05pm : Trouble in the Trailer Park (Music)
– 6:40pm : Les Grady: “Help! My Planet is in Trouble & I Don’t Know What to do” (Climate Action Presentation)
– 7:10pm : Short Film Showcase, Featuring:
…………… Dave Brown’s “The Gravedigger”
…………… Angus Carter’s “Silent Snow”
…………… Friendly City Comedy’s “The Interpreter”
…………… Riley Hanlon’s “Through The Woods”
…………… Lurid Pictures’ “Mechanics”
…………… Ty Strickler’s “Check Out”
– 8:40pm : Nickels and Wiener (Improv)
– 9:10pm : Nicole Yurcaba (Poetry)
– 9:30pm : Crab Action (Music)
– 10:00pm : Neil Hudson (Stand-up Comedy)
– 10:20pm : Azores (Music)
– 10:50pm : Allison Blair (Stand-up Comedy)
– 11:10pm : Gull (Music)
– 11:55pm : Xon Henry: Untitled Bag (Performance Art)
– 12:20am : Helgamite (Music)
– 12:50am : Chris Howdyshell’s “Late Night in the Burg” (Talk Show/Improv)
– 1:25am : Malatese (Music)
– 1:45am : Sleeptalker (Music)
– 2:05am : Zooanzoo (Music)
– 2:20am : Kenn Edwards (Stand-up Comedy)
– 2:35am : Matt “Luc Ives” Abraham & Wade “LJ Stank” Vanover (DJ Set)
– 3:20am : Winston Smith Jr. (Stand-up Comedy)
– 3:40am : The Dawn Drapes (Music)
– 4:10am : No Strings Attached (Improv Troupe)
– 4:40am : Microcosmos (Music)
– 4:55am : Noah See (Poetry)
– 5:15am : TBA
– 5:30am : Derek Sawyer (Stand-up Comedy)
– 5:45am : Jaguardini Scores “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” (Music/Film)
– 6:15am : Rachel Kimberlin (Poetry)
– 6:35am : The Clymer Kurtz Band (Music)
– 7:05am : Lauren Chapman Presents: “A Single Figure Before the Vast Expanse” (Original, One-Act Play)
– 7:35am : Grayson Pritchard (Interactive Qigong/Chinese Medicine Workshop)
– 8:05am : Maurice McFadden (Poetry)
– 8:25am : Tim Wagner & David Hoak (Music)
– 9:00am : Pulcher Fight (Music)
– 9:15am : Inside Out Playback Theater (Improvisational Storytelling Troupe)
– 9:45am : Shenandoah Contemporary Dance Theater (Jr. & Sr. Contemporary Dance)
– 10:05am : Julia Pox (Music)
– 10:20am : Valeria Fadeeva (Hula Hoop Dancing)
– 10:35am : Ashley Hunter’s “Friendly City Hoops” (Interactive Hula Hoop Dance Workshop)
– 11:10am : “Are You Awake?” (A Multimedia Production by Climate Action Alliance of the Valley)
– 11:30am : Z Plan (Music)
– 11:45am : Lara Mack Presents: A Contemporary Ballet Duet, by Jerusha de Waal (Dance)
– 12:05pm : Shenandoah Alley (Music)
– 12:35pm : Shekinah (Music)
– 1:05pm : Jay Zehr (Original Sketch Comedy/Staged Reading)
– 1:35pm : Word is Born Writer’s Society (Poetry Troupe)
– 2:25pm : Jeff Gorman & Illiterate Light (Music)
– 2:45pm : Mary Ruberry Presents: “The Clouds” by Aristophanes (Theater)
– 3:30pm : Angela Carter (Poetry)
– 3:45pm : Harrisonburg Toastmasters Club (Inspirational Storytelling)
– 4:20pm : Dr. How & The Reasons to Live (Music)
– 4:50pm : Announcement of “Winner of The 24 Hour Project”
Sleeping bags and pillows are encouraged!!
Note for Film Submissions:
The 24 Hour Project will feature a (roughly) hour and half short film showcase. For consideration, all films must be 20 minutes or less in length. All genres of film are acceptable (short fiction, documentaries, music videos, art films, etc.). If you wish to submit a film, please fill out the general “Performance Application” below, and the programmers will then contact you to submit a designated “Film Application” form. Submission is free of charge, and there are no screening stipulations for submitted films … we simply prioritize the highest quality entries exhibiting the utmost artistic value.
How do I get involved?
Here are some options:
1) Apply to Perform : Performers who are chosen will get a free ticket to the whole event. *submissions closed
2) Apply to Volunteer : Volunteers get a free ticket to the entire event, as well as score some major karma points.
3) Buy a Ticket : Tickets are $10 a piece and allow entry for the entire event.
4) Become a sponsor : Pay $100.00 for a reserved “Sponsor Seat. We’ll save you a seat, even if we reach capacity. You’ll still have your spot, front and center! There is no limit on how many sponsor seats you can buy, so go nuts! Buy one for each member of your family or business! You will be personally thanked from the stage, in our program, and on our website. To become a sponsor, simply choose the “Sponsor” ticket option when purchasing tickets.
Starts: Friday, January 23rd at 5:00 PM
Ends: Saturday, January 24th at 5:00 PM.
Your local art house, Court Square Theater, located at 41-F Court Square in Harrisonburg, VA. We’re in the same building as Capital Ale House and Downtown Wine & Gourmet. We’re also next door to the Artful Dodger.
Because we’re celebrating live theater, community and collaborative creativity. Because we want to show the world what this theater and this town can do. Because we want to give Harrisonburg the opportunity to support its local theater and artists. Because we work well under pressure. And because it’s going to be fun!
How does it work?
For all of those who will not be performing, volunteering, or becoming a donor, the ticket system works this way: wristbands will be sold for $10. Wear it … don’t take it off! The wristband acts as your ticket to get into the theater. Come and go as you please, but it’s first come, first serve for seats. So, if the theater hits capacity, you’ll have to wait until someone leaves. The programs will list all of the performances and times, so get there early for the shows you really want to see!
More questions? Shoot us an email at: CST24HourProject@Gmail.com , or call the theater at: (540) 433-9189